To make changes to your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, species and event.
Registration for this event is now closed.
Eglinton Park is located near Orchardview blvd and Lascelles Blvd. Parking is available for a short period of time. Limited street parking is also available.
Take any Westbound bus (Avenue Road 61, Eglinton 32, Avenue Road 5) from Eglinton station and get off 2 stops after station at Lascelles blvd. Walk North past North Toronto community centre towards the North Toronto arena, park is situated behind Community Centre. There will be registration tables and greeters to help you navigate the event.
Volunteer at this event!
POINT Inc has partnered with Tree for Me and is seeking volunteers to assist in a variety of roles including Community Canvassers and Event Day volunteers (Greeter/Registration, Workshop Hosts,).
- Please note volunteers will be expected to attend a Tree for Me training session (date in April) prior to event day.
- Volunteers MUST to be available on May 17 2018 from 3-8pm for event setup and cleanup.
- Location: Eglinton Park (200 Eglinton Ave w behind North Toronto Skating Arena)
- For more information on POINT Inc, please visit www.pointinc.org.
Community Canvassers (Door-to-door promotion): (2 people): Will assist in conducting community outreach and promotion for the event. They will be assigned certain areas/ locations and will be responsible for distributing flyers/posters, door handles and talking to the public about the event. This is an excellent role for high school students looking to fulfill volunteer hours or for anyone looking to get more involved in the community.
Greeter/Registration: (1-2 people): Greeters will be the first point of contact for guests and will be responsible for answering questions, explaining how the event is run, checking people in, assisting with registration, event setup and tear-down as well as other miscellaneous duties.
Workshop host: (1 person): Workshop hosts will be responsible for teaching guests proper planting and care techniques; digging a hole, preparing the tree for planting, planting the tree, and tree care. Volunteers should be comfortable talking to groups of people and answering questions about tree care.
- Knowledge of gardening and an interest in the environment/forestry is an asset
- Hosts will also be responsible for helping out with event set-up and take-down.
Benefits to Volunteering with POINT Inc’s Tree for Me event:
- High school students can collect volunteer hours towards their 40 hours
- It’s a great way to learn about trees, planting and helping the community
- You can meet new friends who share an interest in the environment, gardening, and community building
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years old (High school Student)
- Interest in gardening, forestry, the environment and helping in the community
- Must be available for training session in April (Date and time TBD) and on event day May 17 (3-8pm)
- Seeking volunteers who are friendly, responsible, reliable and comfortable communicating with the public
- Must be able to carry up to 10 lbs (transport small trees, equipment for event day)
To apply: Please email a Resume and Cover letter or Letter of interest to email@example.com. Please include: “Tree for Me Volunteer” in the subject header.
**Please note: No phone calls please. Only selected volunteers will be contacted.**